I am doing good, 2 and a half weeks and I have only been lost once. That was when I went into Seoul to get my passport at the Australian embassy, I was comparing google maps which is in Korean to my subway map in English. Anyway the stop that I thought was the right one that gets out right at the embassy was not the right one, so I got to spend and hour wondering around Seoul. I think I was just at the point where I might cry when I found a tourist information booth and they gave me a lovely map and pointed me in the right direction. So from now on when I am headed into Seoul I will consult my lovely map that is ALL in English instead of trying to compare the English subway map against the Korean google map. Stumble across a few things that I want to go back and see when I have more time. Wish I had of taken the camera with, lots of cool things to take photos of.
 |
| Pizza come tied up in a bow! |
 |
| Art picked this up at the store, was with the Milk so thought is was Cherry Milk. Was juice. |
 |
| Serving suggestions include; with cereal, in a stir fry, or fruit. Connor thought it was very tasty. |
 |
| We needed a drink so Art thought to give this a try, seems popular here. NOT good, tastes like gin. We have been told we are drinking it wrong, meant to slam it down and follow with a beer chaser. |
|
We have been out to eat a couple of times this last week with people from KIS, last Friday to a Korean BBQ down the street. Was very tasty, and nice price all you can eat for less than $11 and the kids cheaper. You pick all the sides you want from the salad bar, choose your meat and cook it at the little BBQ at your table. Yummo, hopefully next time the kids will be in a little better mood and we wont have to leave so early. Last night we were picked up in the school bus and taken I have no idea where to "Gecko's Korea" a nice bar style restaurant, HUGE beers and yummy food. Meet lots of nice people from the school, then was driven home in style on the school bus.
 |
| Art at the Korean BBQ |
 |
| View from Gecko's Korea. |
 |
| Crossing the bridge from the subway station to the pool |
There are lots of little free swimming pools around the area which is GREAT in this heat, I showed you photos of the water fountain last week, this week we caught a train to Jeongja station. Where we this great little FREE pool was just outside. Was on the weekend so was a bit crazy with people, but the kids got to have a splash. Lots of Korean kids wanted to practice their English on us, was very cute.
 |
| Us waiting for our train |
On Tuesday we head out to the COEX mall which has a movie theater and an aquarium. Like most places here it was CRAZY busy, thought it should not have been so bad seen it was a weekday. But they had lots of cool stuff, like sharks and giant sea turtle. A section on the amazon which I really liked.
Anyway has been a fun week, Art has started back at work. So far he is enjoying the great school, fantastic gadgets and very supportive staff.
No comments:
Post a Comment